Archive for Social Media Marketing
Yesterday, while I was cooking, I remembered that I didn’t look yet into the birthdays for May. Yes, I know – it is kind of late to do that at the end of May. You see, I got my new iPhone for Christmas and I couldn’t decide which calendar app to use. So, I simply added a couple of calendars and tried them out. I decided to stay with one calendar app and added all the birthdays in there. After one month of using it, I noticed some restrictions, that didn’t work well with how I was using the calendar. Since I love trying new things, I just simply started using another app. It turned out that I really liked the calendar that comes with the iPhone. It worked well for me. But I had all the birthdays in the other app. I really didn’t wanted to take the time to transfer all the birthdays, so I just decided that at the beginning of each month, I will check the other app and then transfer only the birthdays in that month. As you can see, that plan didn’t work so well with me. That’s how it happened, that I remembered to check the birthdays for May at the end of May.
When I checked the list, I noticed, that my mother in law’s birthday was that day. Oops! We didn’t call and we didn’t send a card and now it was already late (they live in another time zone than we do). I didn’t want to turn the computer back on to create an ecard, so I took out my iPhone. Surely, somebody had the same problem before me and there is an iPhone app for that! Yes, there was – more than one app. I chose “just wink” since the app was free and they had lots of great ratings. It worked like a charm! I could choose a card from different categories and then personalize it. I was able to add a photo, write a message and even hand sign (with the finger on the iPhone) the card.
Just wink gave me the choice to send the card via email post it to Facebook, to Twitter, to text message it or even to send it with real mail. Since we were a bit late, we chose to send the card via email. I checked and they would print out the card and send it via real mail for just $2.99. There is really no more excuse not to send a card anymore. If you want to go and check just wink out, here is the link: https://www.justwink.com/.
Every Friday, we list the most popular or helpful articles and links we have seen and shared during the week on our social networks. This week, articles include what Twitter really is looking at for metrics, the new Twitter notifications, a guide about SEO and much more…
6) Great post that gives you the run down on SEO: The Marketing Tactic that Social Media Marketers Often Forget
7) Confused by Facebook Ads? This Guide Can Help.
Are you on Twitter? Have you ever wondered how you could get more clicks? I am sure those are just rhetorical questions. The answer to how to get more clicks on Twitter was created by Dan Zarrella:
I assume that you have a niche and you know your keywords. Based on those assumptions here are 3 quick and easy tips to get website traffic fast!
Tip #1 Make sure you’re tagging your keywords.
Once you have written your blog post, make sure you tag your keywords for that blog post. Tags are where search engines look and if there are no tags they’ll pass right by your web pages. Here’s a quick brief on tags:
There are a number of tag types including,
* Title tags. Title tags are quite possibly the most important place to situate your keywords. Here’s what they look like – <title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title>
Your title tag is where you place your primary keyword or keyword phrase. The sentence will describe your business in less than 90 characters.
* Header Tags. Header tags are next in order of importance to search engines. They’re ranked in order of importance and look like this – <h1>Primary and/or Secondary keywords here</h1>
The “1” designates this header as the most important header on the page.
* Meta Tags. Meta tags provide the small descriptive text found underneath the title tag on the search engine results page. Like title tags these should be kept brief, informative and up to date.
* Alt Tags. Alt tags are used to provide a text description of a graphic. Each graphic on your site should have a description and an alt tag.
Tip #2 Get valuable and relevant incoming links
The more websites which link to your webpages the more valuable search engines perceive you to be, though not all links are created equal. Search engines give more leverage to links from sites which are popular and credible and from sites which are relevant to your website topic.
There are different types of links.
- A direct link looks like a basic website address, for example, www.yourwebsite.com
- A text link occurs when the webpage address is embedded in the text. Readers simply click on the link and are redirected to a new website page.
- If the link is to an internal web page, for example an article published on a website, rather than the home page, it is called a “deep link.”
You can encourage linking to your website by:
* Adding content to your site.
* Submitting to article directories.
* Publishing press releases.
* Blogging and participating in social networking forums, chat rooms and social networking sites.
Tip #3 Be Social!
Now more than ever before, internet marketing is about building a community. Whether you offer a forum on your website or you participate in social networking sites, social networking is a valuable traffic generating tactic. Sites like Facebook and Twitter can be powerful tools for generating links and traffic to your site – create a profile and then post comments, links to your site and ideas which generate conversation.
Get involved – many chat rooms and forums are industry specific, find those which cater to your industry, and begin participating. Speak to and connect with a highly targeted audience.